Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall is here.

These past few days have been beautiful in Japan. After the sweltering summer, this fall has started in a very calm, cool way. With the recent ebb and flow of the weather around us I have really wished to write more about my thoughts concerning weather. I, hopefully, am not the only person in the whole world who believes that this change in weather is man-made. I wish that my thoughts on this were the fiction of futuristic tales, but I don't think that is true. But, the real fiction is that we have no warriors, no leaders, no humans to stand up and shout to the heavens that this is bad. This is going to do nothing but change our entire civilization, for the worse. It is with these thoughts that I ponder upon my place in this system of ineptitude.

Last week, I went for a constitutional downtown. With friends in tow, we practiced our talents in tasting temptuous tankards. I have been fighting the gods of drink for some time now, but I still have yet to find a reason to the challengers. Usually, I end up face down in my bed moaning for other gods to come and show me the way towards the door. On this such occasion, I sat down for a while to drink my nectar. A moment later a couple of Japanese fellows strolled by and wanted some company. Jollily, I shared my company and my sustinence with them.

The older of the two gentlemen was taken aback by my use of Japanese. His younger friend was very talkative and gracious. The more that we spoke, the more the elder was angered. I am never quite sure how to take peoples reactions to my being foreign. Should I be sympathetic. Or, perhaps, should I strip my shirt and show my true form. America-man: to fight anybody and everybody, to speak before I think, and to call every god-damned kettle in the tea shop black, while I sit on the stove ignoring my own ebony color.

No comments: