Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Monday

A rainy Monday is meant for sleeping and dreaming. I have long believed that I am not meant for work. Humans are not meant for work. The word has lost all meaning in our world. Most people do not really "work," the sit at a desk wasting time. Our time is never really used for much good. We sit in a comma waiting for 4:10, the first possible moment we can leave our hell.

I understand that I should not complain about a job that doesn't require any "work." I just recite English to students. When I am not doing that I sit at my desk and search the internet, read books, or study Japanese. It is not my job in essence that is the problem. It is the concept of jobs that I don't seem to enjoy.


Loafing around provides our brains with the power to handle every other day. Watching movies and taking naps all day these are the things that give us happiness. Going out shopping or having lunch lead to thinking about money and work. But, listlessly rumbling around the house gives people time to think about what life should really be like.

I love the rain. The sound and smell of the rain wash my mind of all worries. Waking up from a nap to the gentle sounds of rain pattering against my porch, lubricate my future plans. Gently waking up from sleep and moving slowly towards wakefulness makes it easy for me to think about the future. Usually, I think of the future only when it is hovering over my head. I think about it only when I need to, but leisurely thinking about it during the day gives me hope for the future.

No comments: